PBH To Advance Fruit & Vegetable Consumption As Well As The Have A Plant® Movement During The Expo Show & Through Multiple Influencer-Exclusive Events
October 5, 2022 – Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH) is hitting the road to engage with thousands of food and nutrition professionals, including registered dietitians/nutritionists (RDNs), at the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) Food and Nutrition Conference and Expo (FNCE) – the world’s largest meeting of its kind. PBH will promote its consumer call-to-action, Have A Plant®, to influential dietitians during multiple exclusive invitation-only events. PBH will also co-host an event with the National Cattleman’s Beef Association (NCBA), Beef. It’s What’s For Dinner, promoting #BetterTogether and the joy of pairing produce with beef. This year’s AND FNCE is to take place October 8-11 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando.
“This group of professionals are exceptionally important as consumers continue to put health and well-being first,” says Wendy Reinhardt Kapsak, MS, RDN, president and CEO of PBH. “Given last week’s White House Conference on hunger, health, and nutrition security, now, more than ever, we need to make sure that fruits and veggies stay center stage with these food and nutrition influencers. We cannot effectively advance fruit and vegetable consumption without engaging with, educating and inspiring registered dietitians who are on the front lines promoting health, and fruits and vegetables, every single day in their professional lives.”
In addition to attending education and expo sessions focused on the latest food and nutrition science, PBH will be activating “boots on-the-ground” engagement and education with several exclusive audiences throughout the five-day show.
- Friday, October 7th – PBH will engage with 100+ media and top-tier nutrition influencers during the infamous “FNCE Friday” event hosted annually as a food-centric social soiree, allowing an opportunity to network and build excitement for the week’s events.
- Saturday, October 8th – PBH will attend a breakfast with key nutrition experts who have an interest in agriculture, during a breakfast hosted by Bayer at Southern Hill Farms.
- Sunday, October 9th – PBH will co-host a #BetterTogether Reception with Beef. It’s What’s For Dinner, where 75+ Have A Plant® Ambassadors, retail RDs, media RDs and top-tier nutrition experts will come together to celebrate Powerful Produce Pairings with produce and beef. There will be plenty of networking opportunities including a “Meet Your Match” game, pairing produce with beef as well as karaoke, featuring lyrics with food puns like, “Grills Just Wanna Have Fun,” and “Sweet Clementine (bum bum bum).”
- Monday, October 10th – PBH will attend important side events, featuring the latest nutrition research from various produce companies and clients, hosted by Ketchum Public Relations during its Nutrition Newsflash FNCE Edition breakfast.
- Sunday, October 9th-Tuesday, October 11th – PBH team members will disperse and interact with Have A Plant® Ambassadors at various education sessions, as well as engage with current and new prospective produce partners during the three-day Expo Trade Show floor.
“We’re thrilled to be able to engage with this important group in person for the first time in three years, as we continue to advance the PBH mission as well as spread the Have A Plant® Movement among one of the largest influencer groups in the country,” says Katie Calligaro, PBH Marketing & Communications Senior Director. “Rest assured we will be promoting all forms of fruits and vegetables, identifying collaboration opportunities for our produce partners, as well as scouting up-and-coming professionals who may be interested in joining PBH’s Have A Plant® Influencer Network in 2023 and beyond.”
Follow along on PBH’s social channels on Facebook @fruitsandveggies; on Twitter @fruits_veggies; on Instagram @fruitsandveggies; and on LinkedIn at Produce for Better Health Foundation as we bring highlights from the show to life for our followers.