- Combine the shredded apples in a large glass jar with the brown sugar and cracked cardamom pods.
- Pour the apple cider vinegar over the top. Stir to combine, seal the lid on tight, and place in a cool dark place, like your pantry for 3-7 days.
- Everyday, shake or stir the shrub well. On day 3 begin tasting the liquid, once the flavor is intense enough for you and all of the brown sugar has dissolved, strain out the solids.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a month.
To make a Apple Cardamom Shrub mocktail:
- Fill a glass with ice. Add the desired amount of Apple Cardamom Shrub, fill to the top with sparkling water or club soda. Stir and serve.
You can add as little or as much of the Apple Cardamom Shrub syrup as you like to sparkling water. Find your own favorite ratios by testing different quantities!