Five Tips to Upgrade your Berry Board Game:
- Instead of serving your berries in a bowl, try a serving tray, plate or a board. (remember, berries may stain on wooden surfaces). Use tongs instead of spoons for easy grab and go.
- Usually display berries by type? Mix them together gently for a more inspired look.
- Add an unusual berry-try gooseberries or another local berry favorite to amp up your usual offerings.
- Add one or two other fruits to your board for added dimension and/or cheese, such as Burrata or fresh mozzarella for a more balanced board.
- Add a simple sweet dip to your berry board. Think Greek yogurt with honey, vanilla and cinnamon, chocolate or hazelnut spread or jump on the cottage cheese train with a dip made with the trendy ingredient.
Left with leftovers? Perfect! Add the berries to salads, fruit based desserts like cobblers or crisps and use as a topping for cereal, yogurt, oatmeal…there are endless uses for these sweet ingredients!